Museum Updates Regarding COVID-19
Museum Update: August 2021
The Museum is Open!
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is pleased to announce that we are open!
We are thrilled to be able to welcome visitors back to our galleries, USS Cobia, and our new exhibit Ironboat featuring incredible photographs from Chris Winters.
The Museum will be open seven days a week from 9am – 5pm through the month of September. Limited submarine tours will be available throughout the day. Preordering tickets online is strongly encouraged.
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is committed to providing a safe and engaging environment for all visitors. We look forward to welcoming you back!
The Museum will be abiding to the guidelines and regulations set by local, state and federal authorities concerning public health and safety.
- For the safety of visitors and staff, face masks are required for everyone over the age of three, with no exceptions. Disposable masks are available for purchase for $1 at the gift shop. If you need special accommodations, please contact the museum in advance to request a visit during a time outside of public hours.
- USS Cobia will be open for guided tours in a way that minimizes time inside the submarine. Tours are limited to 15 people. The number of tours per day are limited, please book ahead online to ensure availability.
- Visitors are expected to observe six-foot physical distancing in the museum at all times.
- Please respect signage around the museum, including social distancing markers and signage regarding maximum occupancy in exhibit areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the museum and placed by interactive exhibits.
- If you or someone in your party is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if you may have been exposed to the virus, we ask that you do not visit at this time. Please call the museum to reschedule any tickets.
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is committed to providing a safe and engaging environment for all visitors.
Please note these policies are subject to change without notice as the situation demands. The Wisconsin Maritime Museum cannot guarantee that you and your party will not be exposed if you choose to enter the property. While these guidelines have allowed the Museum to open as safely as possible, the risks to visitors cannot be fully mitigated. The Wisconsin Museum assumes no liability for this potential exposure.
The Riverview Room, our large community meeting space is available for rental for in-person events. Please call or email email@example.com for room availability, pricing, and social distancing guidelines.
Sub Bnb overnight VIP experiences are taking place. Please visit our Airbnb listing to book this once-in-a lifetime experience.
Our collections staff is still considering and processing donations, conducting research, and taking care of our tens of thousands of items in our care. Please contact Registrar Hannah Patten for collections questions.
Virtual field trips can be booked at any time with our museum educators. Contact Shane Lee for a one on one engaging program with your classroom. A growing library of online resources are also available, as are a host of videos and activities.
Of course, our fundraising efforts and membership drives are still underway, and are more critical than ever, as we mitigate revenue losses from the pandemic. Click here to be a part of our Hold Fast campaign.
Some of our museum store is now online! We have a great selection of maritime books, clothing, and decor. Complimentary curbside pickup is always available.