Museum Update: May 2020
The Museum is pleased to announce that we will be open to the public beginning June 4. This is the beginning of a gradual return to regular operation. Major events, rentals and classes are postponed until further notice, but by re-opening to general museum to visitors with limited hours, we are able to share many of our galleries, USS Cobia, our new local art Exhibition H2O: The Essence of Life, as well as our outdoor roof deck Sub Pub with the public. As local, state and federal recommendations reduce their COVID-19 restrictions, the Museum will work to add hours and programming to return to a more traditional and expansive experience for visitors.
The Museum and Sub Pub will be open Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday beginning June 4, 2020.
Timed sub tours with limited capacity will be available throughout the day.
Thursday – Sunday
10-11am Exclusive hour for vulnerable populations
11am-4pm General public welcome
Museum Admission (including USS Cobia tour)
Youth (Ages 4-12): $8
Ages 3 & Under: FREE
Seniors (Ages 65+): $12
Roof Deck Sub Pub Hours
Thursday & Friday 4pm-9pm
Sub Pub Admission
The Museum will be abiding to the guidelines and regulations set by the state, federal, and local authorities and will follow all best practices concerning public health and social distancing.
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19; however the Wisconsin Maritime Museum cannot guarantee that you and your party will not be exposed if you choose to enter the property. As set forth in federal and state recommendations, while these guidelines have allowed the Museum to open as safely as possible, the risks to visitors cannot be fully mitigated. The Wisconsin Museum assumes no liability for this potential exposure.
- We have limited the capacity of our facility to ensure safe distancing. This may result in asking some guests to return at a later time. This includes the museum, submarine, and Sub Pub. Please check our website or social media feeds before you leave your home.
- While in Museum, visitors are strongly encouraged to wear masks or cloth face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth unless doing so would be contrary to the visitor’s health and safety due to a medical condition. Visitors are required to wear a mask onboard USS Cobia. Before you leave your car please ensure that you have your masks. Disposable masks are available for purchase for $1 at the gift shop.
- USS Cobia will be open for guided tours in a way that minimizes time inside the submarine. Tours are limited to 10 people, including the tour guide. The number of tours per day are limited, please book ahead online to ensure availability. Masks are required on the submarine.
- Visitors are expected to observe six-foot social distancing in the museum at all times.
- Please respect signage around the museum, including social distancing markers and signage regarding maximum occupancy in exhibit areas.
- Certain areas will closed, where it will be difficult to maintain proper social distancing. This includes Wisconsin Waterways Gallery, Little Lakefarers Gallery, and the submarine simulator experience.
- Currently, water fountains will not be available. Water will be available for purchase in the museum store.
- Restrooms will be available to guests. The Museum will be cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms frequently.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available at entrance points and other common areas. Please also consider bringing your own hand sanitizer and wipes for your own safety.
- If you or someone in your party is experiencing COVID-19 CDC-defined symptoms, you may not enter. If you believe you may have been exposed to the coronavirus we ask that you do not visit at this time.
Please note these policies are subject to change without notice as the situation demands. The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is committed to providing a safe environment and asks for your help in making this a great experience for everyone.