Museum Updates Regarding COVID-19
Museum Update: October 22, 2020
As of October 22, the Wisconsin Maritime Museum will close due to a positive case of COVID-19. We are following the CDC guidelines to ensure our staff and visitors are safe and healthy. While we will reopen as soon as is safely possible, we encourage you to check our website for the most up-to-date information.
As we all find ways to navigate the pandemic, we will continue to look for innovative ways to connect with you. While we are closed, you can engage with maritime history using our online resources and keep checking our social media channels for more ways to stay involved with us.
The Museum’s Board and staff will continue to monitor this ever-changing situation and will determine when we can safely reopen. Together, we will get through this and we thank you for your continued support.
Stay safe and we will see you soon!
The Museum is closed until further notice as of October 22.
With questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum Admission (including USS Cobia tour)
Youth (Ages 4-12): $8
Ages 3 & Under: FREE
Seniors (Ages 65+): $12
The Museum will be abiding to the guidelines and regulations set by the state, federal, and local authorities and will follow all best practices concerning public health and social distancing.
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19; however, the Wisconsin Maritime Museum cannot guarantee that you and your party will not be exposed if you choose to enter the property. The Wisconsin Museum assumes no liability for this potential exposure.
- We have limited the capacity of our facility to ensure safe distancing. This may result in asking some guests to return at a later time. This includes the museum and submarine. Please check our website or social media feeds before you leave your home.
- While in the Museum, visitors are required to wear masks or cloth face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth. Cloth and disposable masks are available for purchase at the gift shop.
- USS Cobia will be open for guided tours in a way that minimizes time inside the submarine. Tours are limited to 12 people, including the tour guide. The number of tours per day are limited, please book ahead online to ensure availability.
- Visitors are expected to observe six-foot social distancing in the museum at all times.
- Please respect signage around the museum, including social distancing markers and signage regarding maximum occupancy in exhibit areas.
- Certain areas will closed, where it will be difficult to maintain proper social distancing.
- Currently, water fountains are not available. Water will be available for purchase in the museum store.
- Restrooms are available to guests. The Museum cleans and disinfects bathrooms frequently.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available at entrance points and other common areas.
- If you or someone in your party is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, you may not enter. If you believe you may have been exposed to the coronavirus, we ask that you do not visit at this time.
Please note these policies are subject to change without notice as the situation demands. The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is committed to providing a safe environment and asks for your help in making this a great experience for everyone.