Reports to: Building Superintendent
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for assisting with the overall maintenance and cleanliness of the museum, museum grounds and submarine, including the operation of all mechanical systems and equipment as well as routine exhibit maintenance. This is primarily a weekend and special event (evening) position, with some weekday assignments. Candidates with scheduling flexibility preferred.
Specific Scope of Duties:
- Helps maintain inventory of supplies needed for museum and submarine maintenance.
- Helps insure that any safety violations or hazardous conditions are rectified immediately or reported to the Building Superintendent.
- Helps insure that all mechanical systems are operating properly and maintain equipment and work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
- Assists in exhibit construction and maintenance as instructed by Deputy Director/Chief Curator or Building Superintendent.
- Assists with cleaning and keeping orderly the interior and exterior of the building, including insuring that snow is removed promptly and all walkways cleared in the winter.
- Performs preventive maintenance work in accordance with established schedules and procedures.
- Maintains the physical appearance of the submarine and reports or performs all needed repairs.
- Performs other miscellaneous jobs as assigned by the Building Superintendent or Deputy Director/Chief Curator
- Remains on call for emergency situations at museum during weekend and non-public hours.
- Arranges event rooms, concourse, and other areas for meetings, classes, or receptions as needed.
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems and standard building maintenance.1. Working knowledge of mechanical systems and standard building maintenance.
- Ability to work well with staff, volunteers, and members of the general public
- Dependability, reliability and self-initiative
- Physical strength/ability to carry out assigned tasks
- Basic knowledge of technology (computers, projectors, smart TVs) preferred.
Send cover letter and resume to: