Keel Laid - February 22, 1944
Launched - June 18, 1944
Commissioned - November 17, 1944
USS Lamprey made three war patrols and earned four Battle Stars. On August 15, 1945 Lamprey was closing in for a kill on a two masted schooner when she received word of the ending of hostilities. The war ended during her third patrol.
Lamprey was decommissioned May 3, 1946 and loaned to the Argentine Government July 21, 1960 where she was renamed SANTE FE (S 11).