Overnight Engagement Coordinator
Classification: Full-time, weekends & overnights required
Compensation: $15/hour and a comprehensive benefits package
Reports to: Director of Education & Programs
Applications Due: August 15, 2021
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
The Overnight Engagement Coordinator is responsible for managing, scheduling, staffing, and providing interpretive programming for overnight experiences on USS Cobia. These programs include the scout overnight program and the SubBnb (Airbnb) experience.
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is seeking one full-time Overnight Engagement Coordinator to manage overnight experiences onboard USS Cobia. The coordinator will work directly with scout group leaders to book educational programs, manage the staffing of booked programs, and align our programming with scout badge initiatives. The Coordinator will also work with members of the public to book private overnight experiences aboard the submarine via Airbnb.
The Coordinator must be available on-site nights and weekends. Administrative work for this position may be handled remotely as needed.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide above-and-beyond experiences for all visitors both in the museum and on the submarine
- Give engaging and informative submarine information tours during overnight experiences.
- Stay overnight on the submarine with groups when able; manage engagement assistants that stay on the submarine overnight with visitors.
- Timely respond to telephone, voicemail, written, and email inquiries for information regarding overnight experiences.
- Compile reports on earned revenue, attendance, and other data as needed
- Assist with the hiring and training of new Engagement Staff and provide continued training to staff quarterly
- Help maintain the programming associated with overnights and work with the Director of Education to update programs as needed
- Experience working with the public in hospitality, education, or interpretation capacity
- Stellar communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in G-Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Drive, etc.
ABOUT THE MUSEUM
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum was founded more than 50 years ago as a small submariners’ memorial recognizing Wisconsin’s contributions to World War II. Since then, we’ve grown to be the state’s maritime museum with exhibits on shipwrecks, maritime industry, ship models, art, and more. The institution is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.
Our mission is to connect all people to Wisconsin’s waterways through engaging exhibits, inclusive programs, and world-class collections.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, ACCESSIBILITY & INCLUSION
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender identity, age, class, sexuality, religion, ability or national origin. WMM is committed to advancing equity and diversity both in the organization and in the museum field.
We welcome applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and others with experience in meaningful diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility engagement.
We are committed to providing an accessible application process. If you require any accommodations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 374 4005.
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to Abigail Diaz (email@example.com) by August 15, 2021.