- All rooms are subject to availability, and Wisconsin Maritime Museum retains the right to refuse to rent its facilities for activities or events incompatible with its educational and historic preservation missions.Conduct or activities by any member, guest or vendor of the Rental Party that endangers the museum’s exhibits, facilities or visitors, or is incompatible with the museum’s educational or historic preservations missions, will result in the event being immediately cancelled and forfeiture of all rental and event fees and charges. Museum staff on duty will make the final decision on this issue.
- All rental reservations end at Midnight, unless prior arrangements have been agreed on the rental agreement. This includes the clean-up time of the rental party or caterer.
- All reservations must be secured with check, cash or credit card. A $100 non-refundable facility deposit is due at the time the rental reservation is made. No space will be held without deposit.
- Full payment is due 30 days before the event date.
- All reservations of the Roof Deck include the Riverview Room as the alternate inside space only or in the event of inclement weather. The Riverview Room is not accessible as an additional rental space with Roof Deck rental otherwise. In fair weather, the event site is the Roof Deck; the Riverview Room is not included.
- The decision to move an event inside will be made by the senior staff person available at the time; all staff decisions are final. The museum assumes no responsibility for damages, including damage to rental or personal equipment, arising from inclement weather.
- Rental Rates: Nonprofit or governmental agencies or entities and museum members receive a 20% discount on rentals.
- A signed Rental Agreement must be returned to the museum at least thirty (30) days in advance, full payment of rental fees is due at that time. The billable time on the rental agreement will include the hours during which the event takes place, the time it takes to set up and dismantle/clean up, and all time any vendor engaged for an event is onsite.
- The museum will be open to event guest upon request. NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES ARE PERMITTED WITHIN THE EXHIBITION AREAS. Guided tours of the museum and /or Submarine may be arranged for a fee of $8 per person and $50 for each tour guide.
- A final invoice will be mailed within five (5) business days after the event and must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date. Any unpaid balance beyond 30 days will be subject to a late fee of 1.5% interest per month.
- The final invoice will include any additional time used by the rental party or vendor engaged for an event for room set up and/or clean-up and any additional items used that were not listed in the signed rental agreement.
- Requests to cancel rentals must be received by the museum, in writing (e-mail or letter), at least thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled date of the event.
Cancellations between 15-30 days: 50% of the event fee is retained by the museum.
Cancellations within 15 days prior to the event: The full rental fee is retained by the museum.
- When an event is cancelled for any reason by the museum, deposits and prepaid fees will be refunded to the rental party.
- Rental parties assume all liability for any damage to the museum, including its facilities and exhibits, arising from their event. No decorations may be attached to walls without the written permission of the museum. In addition, hazardous or flammable materials are not permitted in the museum, except for materials used for food preparation or serving in authorized areas.
- 1) Proof of Worker’s Compensation coverage and 2) general liability insurance at a minimum coverage of $1,000,000, naming “Wisconsin Maritime Museum” as a separate, insured party must be provided by all vendors; this includes but is not limited to, caterers.
- The museum is a non-smoking environment. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas outside the building. Smoking is not permitted on the Roof Deck. Violations will subject the renter to a fine of $250.
- Rental parties, caterers and other vendors may use only the west elevator, unless it is deemed absolutely necessary to use the freight (east) elevator. (i.e., items being transported are too large to fit in the west elevator) If the freight (east) elevator must be used, at least one museum staff member must accompany the rental party or caterer AT ALL TIMES.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the exhibit areas of the Museum Concourse. Permitted areas include the Riverview Room, Riverview Concourse, the Board Room, Adventure Center, and Roof Deck.
- Rentals of the Riverview Room and Board Room include the use of the adjoining small kitchens in those areas of the museum. With advance notice, coffee and water service is available to renters of those areas for an additional charge.
- Rentals of the Roof Deck include use of both the nearby small kitchen and concession area. Local health regulations dictate only food serving (not preparation) is allowed in the concession area.
- Glass containers are not permitted on the Roof Deck. This includes, but is not limited to, dishes, food serving containers, and vases. Beverages in glass containers must be kept in the concession area and poured into a plastic cup for consumption on the Roof Deck.
- All rental requests involving the use of hazardous or flammable materials by the rental party or its caterer, for food preparation and/or serving must provide a list of those materials at the time the signed rental agreement is returned to the museum.
- All rental requests involving the use of food preparation and/or serving equipment by the rental party, or its caterer, must provide a list of that equipment, including electrical requirements, at the time the signed rental agreement is returned to the museum.
- The renter, or its caterer, is responsible for providing all items and staff necessary for serving food, including but not limited to utensils, dishes, glassware, cookware, flatware, table linens, decorations and wait staff.
- The renter will strictly adhere to all federal, state, and local laws with regard to food and beverage purchase and consumption. No alcohol may be dispensed to anyone under legal drinking age, even with parental consent, or to anyone under the influence of alcohol. Renters wishing to serve beverages, including alcohol, must make arrangements in advance with the museum. All beverage service is provided by the museum.
- All events serving alcoholic beverages must have at least one licensed bartender. The museum will provide the bartenders at the scheduled rate.
- The rental party or the caterer used by the rental party is responsible for clean up of the rental space. Clean up must be completed by the end of the contracted time or an additional fee will be assessed.
- Clean up includes picking up the floor and/or ground, placing all waste in proper receptacles, and cleaning any museum items used (i.e. tables, utensils, etc.).
- The senior museum staff member present will make the final decision as to whether or not a space has been sufficiently cleaned. If museum staff is required to clean at the end of the event, an additional minimum fee of $150 will be assessed. Cleaning beyond trash pickup, table wipe-down, or other normal requirements will result in extra charges, e.g., cleaning of stained, soiled carpet. If such charges are assessed, the museum shall present the rental party with an itemized statement of such charges. Invoices for such additional charges not paid within 30 days of receipt will be charged to the credit card used to secure the reservation.
Clean Up Checklist (PDF)
A list of Preferred Caterers is available upon request.
Any information provided by the museum regarding caterers, party rental companies, or other service providers on the request of clients is provided solely for the client’s convenience; it is not meant as an endorsement of, or statement regarding, the quality, professionalism, or reliability of any provider or contractor.
WHILE IN THE MUSEUM CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES.